Monday 23 January 2012

January Favourites!


It's time for my monthly favourites and this time I've gathered a nice collection of goodies, both drugstore and high-end products.

1. Skincode Essentials: Daily Defense & Recovery Cream, SPF 30. I love this product. It doesn't break me out, provides a smooth surface for my following make-up application, moisturises well & provides a decent UVA/UVB protection.

2. Essence Quattro eyeshadow quad: This quad is called "To Die For" and it lives up to its name. They are long-lasting, non-creasing, amazing colour pay-off. You can pretty much see which two shades I've been literally abusing. Top left (Brulee) & Bottom Right (Mocca). I use "Brulee" as an inner corner & browbone highlight; and I use "Mocca" to do an inverted crease look (I may shoot a video on the look and upload it).

3. Lush Colour Supplement in Jackie Oates: I was quite hesitant to try this "foundation" out, but I decided to give it a go around Christmas time. I can sincerely say that I love it to bits. It doesn't break me out, provides medium coverage, but it is buildable, so I tend to double it as a concealer if I do need to cover up a blemish. The downsides to this product are: Contains some parabens, but surprisingly enough, I haven't noticed a negative impact on my skin. I did consult with the salesman & they informed me that the amount of parabens inside the jar was less than 2%, which is decent enough, I suppose. Another thing is that the colour range isn't brilliant either. As far as I can recall, they come in: Jackie Oates (very light, yellow-based), Light Yellow (more on the neutral side if you ask me), Dark Yellow, Light Pink, Dark Pink. I am a 90% match of the Jackie Oates shade, so I mix a little bit of my Vichy Aera Teint in it.
A really impressive thing about this "Colour Supplement" is that it is designed to be a multipurpose product. It says on the label that one can mix a bit of the product with their daily moisturizer to create a light-coverage foundation, but when I tried it, it looked more like a tinted moisturiser, as opposed to foundation... And I DO need my coverage!

4. Yves Saint Laurent (YSL)Eyebrow Pencil in the Shade 3: This is a rather recent purchase. The colour is exactly what I was looking for. It is brown with ashy-to-grey undertones. Really good for light brunettes with cool undertones like myself. It is dual-tipped. One tip is the pencil, which is wax-based, so you don't have to set it after application, and the other tip is a eyebrow brush. Costs 19 pounds in Boots.

5. Mudd Peel-off Mask: I had been looking for a good peel-off mask for ages, prior to discovering this one. They are very affordable (a pack that would last you up to 5 applications is about 2 quid) and excellent for that "twice a week pampering" we all enjoy so much.

6. V05 Extreme Style Matte Clay: I have been styling my hair recently (may upload a picture soon, or a tutorial on my hairstyle) and we all know how positively repulsive it looks when one has oily tressed of hair, running randomly across their scalp. Well, that is the look of non-matte styling products. I was purposely looking for a product with a good hold and matte finish and I am quite happy with my finding. I did order the Hairbond Moulder (click!), as I've been reading a lot of amazing reviews on it, but until then, it's V05 for me.

7. Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 eye make-up remover: I would never use this on my skin, but it really does remove even waterproof make-up from eyebrows and eyelids, which is basically what I use it for. I am happy with its performance and it is quite affordable (about 2-3 quid).

8. King of Shaves Alphagel Shave Gel: HOLY GRAIL! *OOHHHH* This is the only shaving gel that doesn't leave my skin in patches of flaky bits and also, it doesn't break me out, AT ALL! And my skin is extremely sensitive to shaving.

9. Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5: The BEST razor I've used in my life. 5 blades, extremely smooth shave, super moisturising aloe vera strip. I don't think I am ever replacing this product.
p.s. Thanks, baby, for opening my eyes about this product! xx

I hope you found this helpful!
A~

No comments:

Post a Comment